In 2015, the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce introduced the very first state-wide food truck competition, The Texas Food Truck Showdown, an experience that would become one of Waco’s signature events.
The Chamber's special events team anticipated around 5,000 people to be in attendance for the inaugural event and hoped to secure 20 food trucks from around the state to compete. The first Showdown blew the team's goals out of the water, boasting an impressive 35 food trucks traveling to Waco from all over the state to compete while serving upwards of 15,000 people who attended.
After an outpouring of support from the community, the City of Waco, sponsors and food trucks alike, the Greater Waco Chamber knew The Texas Food Truck Showdown was here to stay. The Texas Food Truck Showdown is returning to downtown Waco annually in March welcoming up to 40 food trucks, now from around the country, and over 25,000 people each year!
Get your belly ready for some good eats, we'll see you in Heritage Square on Saturday, March 19 for The Texas Food Truck Showdown 2022!
Pop Up Vendor Details
- Saturday, March 19, 2022, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Heritage Square in Downtown Waco
- Vendor entry will cost $200 and includes a 10'x10' space with one table and two chairs
- No food or drink may be sold, served or given away NO EXCEPTIONS
- Application Deadline: February 11, 2022 or until all spots are full
- Vendor Space will be assigned at the Waco Chamber of Commerce's discretion
- If accepted as a vendor, you will be notified on Friday, February 16, 2022 and payment will be due no later than 10 days after notification.
This application is only for Vendors interested in competing in the 2022 Texas Food Truck Showdown. If you are interested in being a Food Truck Competitor, please use this application.
For questions, contact Alivia Zepeda at (254) 757-5617 or Sarah McDonald at (254) 757-5604